My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Friday, January 20, 2006

It's Been With Me Longer Than I Thought


So, last night, I come across Norton's Anthology of American Literature.

Scratched within the table of contents, in my sloppy script are various notes of various importance. Most of them are indiscernible to me now, but they must have made sense at the time. A listing of authors, including Faulkner, O'Connor, Cummings, Cheever, Baldwin, etc. are scratched above the date for the final exam. I guess we covered them on the test.

What was most interesting was going through the 2,000+ pages with Trixie, while standing in the closet, changing for bed.

I amassed a quantity of margin notes, consisting of scholarly quips like "bullshit" or "fallacy" or "perfect redneck", of which brought us much to laugh about, and peering through the shades of perspective, little to understand.

I think the best was a conversation I was having with the girl sitting next to me, that apparently instead of talking, we just wrote.

To paraphrase:

Me - So, I'm dating one of your Alpha Delta Pi sisters.

Her - Awesome!

Me - Yeah, she's pretty cool. I'm going to the Delta Zeta dance next week.

Her - I'm sorry.

Me- Oh, it'll be fun.

Her - I'm sorry.

Me - When is your house having a dance? I can go to that too.

So, apparently we learned two things last night:

1. At some point in my life, I was able to not only attract, but juggle multiple hot chicks...openly...and get away with it.
2. I've had the attention span of a gnat for longer than I thought.

1 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Zanne said...

CLASSIC! That calls for a definite *high five* :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home