My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

And So It Shall Be



I think we FINALLY decided on a vacation spot.

So, break out the pink pants and strappy sandals.

I wonder what Trixie will bring to wear?

At this point, it looks like
  • Palm Island
  • is the choice.

    A bitch of a flight, but MY GOD, it's a private island in the middle of the Grenadines...so, how else do you plan to get there?

    The Grueling Itinerary:

    Leave St. Louis 6:45 a.m.

    Arrive Miami 10:24 a.m.

    Leave Miami 6:08 p.m.

    Arrive Barbados 10:24 p.m.

    Overnight in Barbados

    Hop puddle-jumper from Barbados 8:00 a.m.

    Arrive Union Island 8:15 a.m.

    Board Ferry Union Island 9:00 a.m.

    Arrive Palm Island 9:08 a.m.

    Crazy?

    Yes.

    But,

    LOOK AT THE PICTURES!

    Only 26 bungalows on the entire island.

    Raise your flag when you need a drink.

    I'm gonna need lots of flags...

    On another note, today is Trixie's birthday.

    Happy Birthday babe.

    With all this talk of oceans and air, I'm truly lucky to have such a warm piece of dry land in my life.

    Thanks to J & Becky, who treated us to dinner on Saturday night at Trattoria Marcella. You guys are the best!

    If you're in St. Louis, do yourself a favor.

    Drop what you're doing, get in the car or take a bus

    and

    get there.

    Ask for David.

    My GOD.

    I'd suffocate my mother for another taste of that calamari...

    4 Comments:

    At 9:15 AM, Blogger KC said...

    Oooo, that looks like paradise!

    I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to board a puddle-jumper.

    A friend of mine went to TM last week and came back raving about it. Sounds like it must be the place to be!

     
    At 2:16 PM, Blogger Jay Noel said...

    I wanna go!

    What is a puddle-jumper? Is that one of those things they use in the Everglades?

    Barbados is gorgeous enough for me.

     
    At 6:07 AM, Blogger HemisphereDancer said...

    I haven't been to Barbados.

    And an overnight stay hardly qualifies as having "been there".

    Have you been? It must be beautiful.

    Ahh...puddlejumping...quite the endeavor.

    Most of the time when you travel in the Caribbean, everything is so close together and the airports are so small, that big planes are out of the question.

    So, you get to jaunt around in a plane with ten or so other people, including the pilot and the navigator...

    A WHOLE DIFFERENT WAY to fly.

     
    At 10:34 AM, Blogger Pixie said...

    Nice choice HD.*envy

     

    Post a Comment

    << Home