My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just Finish the Fucking Thing...


DSCN1091
Originally uploaded by hemispheredancer1.
I should be in a friendly mood this morning, as I am listening to Air Supply on the iPod, but I'm really frustrated with the progress, or lack thereof, of my house.

We've had the closing date pushed back at least four times. First it was the middle of April, then the end of April, then the beginning of May, and now it stands at the end of May. "I'm all out of love, I'm so lost without you..." - Oh, sorry. Anyway, I'm pissed! I have no confidence in the current closing date, and the lack of a firm date prohibits us from listing the house, hiring movers, enlisting the crew to pour a new patio, contracting the fence company, do you get it now???

So, we went out there on Saturday, after Trixie finished crushing the dreams of one particular graduate school applicant, and we noticed that things were progressing, just not to my satisfaction. The (nice) stairs have been installed and have replaced the construction grade 2 x 4's that scared the shit out of Trixie. The spindles and rails still sit in our garage, and should be installed this week.

The hardwoods are in place throughout the home, as are the master bathroom, hall bathroom and powder room floors. Again, making progress, just not enough to give us a firm date.

The cabinetry hangs in the kitchen - with the exception of one splintered and shredded cabinet door, the powder room, the master bath and the hall bath upstairs. All vanities are in place, but we have no toilets. "laughing myself to sleep, waking up lonely..." Sorry again. I can't help it.

What I'm trying to say is that the house is damn close to completion, and I cannot understand why they can't give me a firm closing date.

"Girl, you're every woman in the world to me..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home