My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Babg! Bang! Bang! You're Burning!

So, I just get back from my jog this morning, and I'm getting ready to step into the shower when I hear someone banging on my door. It's 5:45 a.m., so I guess it must be serious.

I open the door and see a sleep wrinkled Steve, my neighbor. He's in a panic and says "Sue just woke me up, she was sitting on the deck out back and saw smoke coming from your basement! I think you're house is on fire!"

For some reason, maybe it was that I was still in a slight slumber myself, I don't panic, or even become concerned. I then recall the events of earlier in the morning, and when I explain it to Steve, I watch his ashen face fill with the bursting color of embarrassment.

"I put a load of laundry in the dryer before I went for my run. It's cool this morning and you must be seeing the steam from the exhaust. Dude, I am so sorry ! Go back to bed!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home