My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Powerlocks, Uberwealth and Touch Up Paint

Lots to say, a short time to say it, so here goes:

My wife, Trixie is so South County. She's petrified of ANYTHING involving the City of St. Louis. So, last night, when we went to the Cardinals game (no we didn't stay through the rain delay, and it was upsetting to us both, for two reasons:

#1 We had really good seats. An ex-Cardinal gave me a pair of his seats, and they were terrific!

#2 It was the first time she and I actually did something outside of going out with friends or staying around the house. Trixie actually grabbed my arm and said that she was glad we could spend the time together. I made sure she was wearing glasses or corrective lenses, and then asked her to speak into my GOOD ear, but anyway, I digress, I was actually attempting to criticize the love of my life here...)

So, Trixie has this habit of locking the car doors the INSTANT we cross into the City. I often laugh at her, because it's ridiculous. What, is a locked door going to stop a desperate person with a gun?

I enjoy the city. I always have. It invigorates me. It's the ying to my new home's yang. My new home, with the trees, grass and babbling brook running behind it, has calmative effects.

If I was Uberwealthy, I suppose I could have both...a house in the country and a swingin' loft in the city...and I imagine I'd do two chicks at the same time as well. I imagine Uberwealth could hook that up.

Which brings me to my Uberwealth...or lack thereof.

Trixie and I closed on the new house yesterday, so the odyssey is over and I'm in an ASSLOAD of debt. YAY for us! No, actually I couldn't be happier.

During the closing, we're signing reams of paper...as you do. I made the comment that if I was Uberwealthy, I'd just have someone do this for me...which would be great, but wouldn't allow me to list my Alias of Slappy White on one of the sheets I signed, which I did, and also compete with my wife, who, where asked, signed her title (just on one page, she's not like that, if you're thinking it...she's actually quite humble), and me, having no title, just put TCB behind my name.

Ahh yes...touch this up, fix that, quit looking at me in that way...We had our walk-through yesterday prior to the closing, and MAN! this guy never saw us coming! We had amassed a notebook of small items we'd like redone, etc., and after two hours of walking through the house, pointing out knicks, scratches and paint touch ups, we were all done!

We had to be this foreman's worst nightmare, a couple of OCD yuppies...That's all for now!

Except, now I'm just counting the days until, as a result of our move, I can gleefully scream up and down my new street "THE NEW PHONE BOOK'S HERE! THE NEW PHONE BOOK'S HERE!"

1 Comments:

At 1:31 PM, Blogger Zanne said...

Watch out for your cornhole dealing with those banks :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home