My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Hey Bud, the House Still Belongs to Me...

So I come home yesterday afternoon.

While Trixie and I were working, the buyer of our home was conducting a home inspection. We consented to this and were aware of it days prior.

Anyway, I come home yesterday afternoon.

I go to walk out onto the deck, and as I reach for the handle on the sliding door, I see a little sign on it.

RADON TESTING IN PROGRESS
DO NOT OPEN DOOR


Excuse me?

Last time I checked, I still owned the house. So, if I want to open the doors and windows, hell, I could remove a wall if it pleased me, I will.

I then make my way downstairs to find the "radon testers". It's then that I find that someone, the home inspector, or the prospective buyer, has written, in permanent ink , the dimensions of the furnace filter, RIGHT ON THE FURNACE!

Again, you may intend to buy this house, but until the day pen meets paper, IT'S MY HOUSE !

The "tester" left some kind of note that we are supposed to sign that says we're following the guidelines of the test, for the duration of the test, which for some reason contains no guidelines (except don't open your doors or windows...YEAH RIGHT!) and no duration period.

I haven't signed anything.

To top it all off, for the SECOND time, they left one of my doors unlocked!

When I was a small boy, maybe five years old, my father told me something that sticks with me to this day:

Always put things back how you found them.

Which means, "hey moron, if you unlock and open a door, close it and lock it when you leave!"

THANK GOD we'll be in the new house soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home