My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Monday, May 09, 2005

Weekend Sightings

As always, a fun weekend full of eye-catching images...

- A homeless man riding a bicycle. Attached to the rear of the bicycle is a trailer of sorts, holding a dog's travel crate. On the back of the bike is a large basket, holding an adult black lab.

- A woman stopped at a red light, in a Mercedes Benz, shouting loudly and gesturing wildly - to no one .

- A "real woman" consuming at least three tequila shots in ten minutes , stating "I don't need no lime or salt! Just gimmie the glass!"

Now, two things I did this weekend that might be worth a laugh:

On Saturday afternoon, playing the 9th hole at the Country Club of Sugar Creek, my approach shot, from approximately 160 yards out, strikes a large bird sitting next to the green. A direct hit on the ass, feathers fly as the bird wings away.

In preparation for a party my wife and I are attending, I run to the grocery store to pick up two six packs of beer, a bottle of tequila (gift) and a bag of ice. Since I've got too much stuff for a basket and not enough for a cart, I use the new "mini cart", which is just a smaller version of the big boy cart.

Wheeling around the magazine rack and steaming to the beer aisle, I spy, out of the corner of my eye, a familiar looking guy.

It's Dr. Beepers, who works with my wife. He's our age and is a pretty cool guy. I turn to him, wearing my blue and white flowered shirt, khaki shorts, black strap sandals and Ray-Ban Aviators (inside mind you), and say "Hey, Dr. Beepers!" He does a double-take and I remove the glasses. He then puts two and two together.

We engage in mindless banter for a few moments, and then he mentions how "my, that's a pretty nice cart you've got there."

Standing there in my metrosexual garb, I mention in a masculine manner that I'm "picking up some beer n' tequila to go get drunk".

He then says, well, "yeah, that cart's pretty gay."

I agree and bid him a good evening. Wheeling around the corner to pick up some Michelob Ultra...for my wife.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home