My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Nice Guys DO Finish Last!

Below is an email exchange between my friend Mary and I. Her fiance, Vince, has been my best friend since high school. In my email, I'm asking Mary how her son Timmy did in last week's Pinewood Derby. Vince, who had enormous aspirations regarding the construction and detailing of the car quite...well, no pun intended, but it sounds like the wheels fell of his Ambition-mobile.

Enjoy.


Me: How did Timmy do at the Pinewood Derby? What did his car look like?

Mary: it was the american flag. vince got some kind of fancy decal to put on it. he came in 8 out of 12. someone made a Jesus car. it came in last.

Well, at least the kid learned some valuable lessons.

#1 Mediocrity is present in all of life's efforts
#2 Nice guys DO finish last

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home