My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Friday, August 26, 2005

Here's How I Know I'm Getting Old


Pictured above is the Old 66 theater in Crestwood, MO.

I remember the theater well.

They tore it down after I graduated high school in 1992.

Across the street from the theater is Crestwood Mall.

Crestwood partnered with AMC about 15 years ago to build a new multi-screen cineplex right near the Dillard's store.

Word in the paper this morning is that Crestwood already plans to replace the AMC theater.

You know you're getting old when you see something both created and destroyed...

3 Comments:

At 7:32 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I saw the story about Crestwood Mall. Ironic that it was an open mall that was enclosed to house the Famous store, and now Famous is moving because the May Co wants it to be in an open mall.

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger HemisphereDancer said...

Funny how that works, huh?


Yes, I remember vividly when they transformed it into the mall it is today.

It was touted, with great fanfare, as the way of the future!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Jim said...

I like were the new mall is going to get $40 million in public funding to destroy 200 homes and try to put Crestwood out of business.

Didn't Famous at one time have stores at both ends of Crestwood Mall, I have a hazy memory of that being true?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home