My Meandering Mind

A chronicle of the daily minutia that weaves together our daily lives

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Lost in Translation


So last night Trixie and I dined on Chinese food and then went to pick up my dry cleaning.

My dry cleaner rocks.

Good guy, great service.

He's Korean, so sometimes I have to listen closely to what he's saying.

I walked in to get my items and he looks at me and pats his belly with both hands, and asks "When baby?"

I think he's having a go at me, so I grin and respond "Oh, a couple of months."

His faces contorts to reflect confusion and I bid him a good night on my way out the door.

I tell Trixie what he said and she laughs.

As I prowl down the street, however, his comments weigh heavier and heavier in my mind.

I then ask Trixie "I know I'm over weight, but I don't look pregnant, do I?"

She then tells me that she thinks he was inquiring as to when "we'll" be pregnant.

What do you think?

3 Comments:

At 9:31 AM, Blogger SayUnderpants said...

Where did you find that picture? It's one of the creepiest things I've ever seen...

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger HemisphereDancer said...

It's amazing what you find when you do a google search for "pregnant woman".

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Jim said...

it's the well-known Korean pickup line: hey, baby?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home